Laser facials are a versatile and non-invasive treatment with several benefits for people dealing with a variety of skin conditions. With 50 million Americans seeking treatment for acne alone every year, there’s no shortage of demand for the laser facial. In the time it takes you to eat lunch, you can address skin conditions like redness, wrinkles and fine lines, and acne and acne scars. Let’s discuss the benefits of laser facials and if they’re right for you.
What is a Laser Facial?
A laser facial, also known as laser skin resurfacing or laser resurfacing, is a non-invasive aesthetic treatment that uses focused laser energy to gently heat the skin. Laser facials work to improve the skin’s appearance by stimulating collagen production and promoting cell turnover. This procedure can help address issues such as wrinkles, fine lines, and acne scars.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Laser Facial?
If you have skin concerns like uneven skin tone, sagging, wrinkles, lines, or redness, you may be a good candidate for a laser facial. Not every skin condition is treatable with a laser facial, and not every skin type is right for this treatment. Talk to your aesthetic provider to determine if laser skin resurfacing is right for your skin type and condition.
Benefits of Laser Facials
Laser facials offer many benefits, including giving you a refreshed, youthful appearance with minimal downtime. Some of the main benefits people enjoy with laser facials include:
- Decrease in redness. If you have rosacea, vascular issues, or overall redness in your complexion, laser facials effectively work to target the blood vessels contributing to that redness. The heat from the laser reduces the appearance of redness and provides a smoother, more clear complexion.
- Short treatment time. With a 45-minute treatment time and no downtime, laser facials are an easy way to achieve quick rejuvenation.
- Minimized acne and acne scars. Laser facials directly target bacteria clogging the pores, one of the main causes of acne. The lasers also break down scar tissue and promote the growth of new skin cells, reducing the appearance of acne scars.
- Reduced pore size. Pores can be hard to reduce with traditional skin care products, Laser facials can minimize pore size and improve overall complexion, giving you a glowing look.
- Refreshed complexion. Laser facials stimulate collagen production, improving overall firmness that is lost as we age. The treatment also targets damaged skin cells and promotes the growth of healthy new skin cells, providing you with an even complexion after just one treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I need more than one laser facial treatment?
While you may see results from your first treatment, many people need anywhere from three to six sessions spaced a few weeks apart to achieve optimal results.
How long do the results of a laser facial last?
The longevity of your results depends largely on how well you take care of your skin. Many people see results that last anywhere from three to five years. If you take care of your skin well, you can expect results to last longer. Many people opt to have maintenance treatments or supplementary skin treatments.
What should I expect from my treatment?
During your laser facial treatment, an experienced aesthetic provider will use a local anesthetic in the area to be treated to ensure your comfort. Mild discomfort and redness may occur following the procedure, but these effects are temporary and can be managed with proper post-treatment care.
How do I care for my skin after my laser facial?
Your provider will give you comprehensive instructions. General guidelines recommend using sunscreen, avoiding sun exposure before and after the treatment, and following any post-treatment instructions.
Give Your Skin the Boost it Deserves
Laser facials offer a wide range of benefits to people, including redness reduction, skin rejuvenation, acne clearing, and scar minimization. Through multiple treatments, you can refresh and revitalize your complexion for years, tackling hard to treat skin issues. Contact Swan Aesthetics today to learn more about our Laser Genesis facials.